I’ve just written an email that I’m sending to everyone who logged in and took part in our usergroup. In the spirit of Catherine’s recommendation that we should turn our emails into blog posts, I’m doing precisely that…
Firstly a big thank you to everyone who watched, logged in and took part. It looks like it was pretty much the most active usergroup both in the room and offline for a good while, so that’s fantastic. I thought I should quickly summarise what happened but I’d recommend you watch the webcast, now in archive here: http://www.talk.public-i.tv
Just a quick note: at the time of writing this, while the archive was ready, issues with the internet connection meant that we couldn’t provide the last hour or so of the meeting. We’re working to resolve this!
In the morning we heard from Lewis, Steph and Ady about some of the technical developments and what we’re looking forward to doing next. Among the the things discussed were:-
- The new R700 was unveiled – and we heard that there’ll be SD and HD versions.
- Lewis talked about the new stats package that we’ll be offering (you can read more about that here)
- There was also news about the travelling player.
We also heard about some great ideas from around the room and online about what else we should be doing! (More on this later.)
Some talking points that cropped up included:-
- Boosting viewing figures – how can we do this?
- Benchmarking – should we have stats to help work out how we compare with other councils?
- Integration with Modern.Gov
- How can councils get more people to log in to the system?
Then in the afternoon we heard from Catherine who talked about the Networked Councillor project. You can read the full report here.
Some of the interesting points covered included:-
- Should councils make social media training part of induction?
- How can councils persuade councillors to become more interested in social media?
- How to deal with bad behaviour in social media – and the issue of public and private opinions.
There was a lot, lot more and – I think – there’s a fair amount to talk about. If there are any burning issues or questions you need to get off your chest, could I ask that you go back to Talk and use the Disqus forum we’ve put up? We’ll keep an eye on it and – on Monday – look to get a proper conversation going. Thanks!!