We’ll be holding the next Public-i user group on Monday the 19th of March with the rather exciting theme ‘rebooting democracy’. Below I’ve set out a little bit about what we mean by that – and the agenda.
But first, the essentials…
- The user group starts at 10.30am on the 19th of March at the Hallam Conference Centre, 44 Hallam Street, London, W1W 6JJ.
- If you’d like to come along then please contact Jane Purcell – her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org and telephone+44(0)1273 821282.
- To watch and join the debate online, visit our interactive player on the day. We’ll be webcasting and live blogging – so you can asks questions and put your point across to those in the room.
We’re looking at a remarkable time for local democracy – with so many changes in the offing it’s hard to mention them all.
Close to home we’re seeing the creation of city mayors and directly elected Police and Crime Commissioners for England and Wales – as well as the independence debate and proposals for a single police force in Scotland. At the same time, of course, there’s a techonological revolution taking place that offers the potential to reshape the relationship authorities and their representatives can have with the public everywhere.
With so much (digital) disruption and devolution in the offing, we thought it would be a good time to debate how we might fundamentally re-shape democracy for the 21st century. We hope to have a wide-open debate about what we could dream of doing to make political decision making better and more responsive in the future. Such an exciting time, we think, calls for an exciting – and daring – debate!
As ever, there’ll be the usual highlights to the user group, including Dr Lewis’s surgery, more news about our products and the development roadmap update, before we get on with the debate in the afternoon…
10.30am Welcome and introductions
11am Development roadmap:
- Update on Connect
- Opportunity to add to the roadmap
12pm Dr Lewis’s Surgery – Best practice exchange:
- Get technical questions answered
- Find out about or make requests for product developments
2pm Panel discussion – Reboot Democracy – Some ideas to get started:
- Do we need formal meetings?
- How do we create more direct representation?
- What skills are we going to need?
4pm AOB, drinks and twiglets
See you there!