RIF posts: This series of posts looks at the RIF workshops. See here for an explanation.
- Where does your county/district position itself in terms of renewables?
- What planning you going to set?
- How will you respond to individual renewable applications?
- Numbers, not adjectives: in other words the need to put real numbers on to the kinds of discussions that are already happening on renewable energy.
- The practicalities – the drivers and incentives and the issue of financing.
- The people: for example community consultation and interest from the commercial and public sectors.
He then outlined some of the benefits to the RIF approach:-
- It provides an evidence base to inform and justify an authority’s position on renewable energy.
- Offers a clear context for planning policy
- And gives co-ordinated action for the community, public and private sectors – with an economic argument to underpin it.